Sunday, August 15, 2010

227/365

And that brings us to today. It rained a lot during the night and then hard for quite some time in the morning. Charleston really is "low country" and you can really tell when it rains. This is the Blackwell's backyard this morning before we left for home. Grant and Lilia were having a great time! Such great kids!

227/365

227/365

And if it looks like this in Mount Pleasant, it is CRAZY flooded downtown. I'm sure the college students are paddling boats down the streets....no kidding. And on really bad days, you could seriously see cars floating down the street.

Car ride wasn't too bad on the ride home. Both kids actually napped for a while and were in pretty good moods for the evening. It is so good to be home.

Oh, I got my 85mm overnighted to Charleston!!! Adorama really messed up my order several times and I even got a new lens instead of a used one for my trouble. I think it was worth the trouble now :) I didn't have too much time to play with it, but I think I'm going to love it. It is a great focal length on a FF camera and seems to be super sharp!!!

3 comments:

Tamra August 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Holy crazy rain! Such fun pictures - your kids must have had a blast!

Courtney August 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

Wow! I would say that is totally worth your trouble! Are these taken with your new lens!! They are awesome!! Are you under an awning??

grandmabish August 17, 2010 at 2:21 AM  

The rain is actually visable in your rain photos!!! NICE! I love rain. It looks like a lot came down there. Don't you just love how it smells?

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP