Tuesday, August 10, 2010

222/365

Today has been exciting! We found a couple of caterpillars outside in the driveway this morning before setting out to complete some errands. Ben loves to hold insects. Delia had more fun hiding my wallet in the garage. Good thing she remembered where she hid it, little stinker!

*Disclaimer, this is for the grandparents. Tune out if you don't want to hear me gush*

This afternoon we played upstairs. I was trying to get a little vacuuming done and spot cleaning the carpet (where do all of those tiny little stains come from???) when Ben wanted to "spell". So I got out some letter stickers and let the kids play with them. To Ben, spelling is putting together a bunch of random letters and asking you what it spells. I got tired of that pretty quickly, so I spelled out a few real words, and...........my big boy can read!!!!! Well, not read as in pick up a book and read--we are talking 3 and 4 letter words, but he sounded out the words and said them correctly! I couldn't believe my ears! He was grinning from ear to ear so proud of himself! We had to call Daddy right away. As soon as he started, he was done.

Still taking random shots for the Finding the Joy workshop. I will really dive in next week when I have more time to concentrate on it. I took some of Delia eating a snack and of Ben playing cars. And here is a caterpillar shot from this morning that I liked and will also add to my FTJ set. Twenty pictures for each week's topic. Doesn't sound like much, but I can be pretty picky. Not sure which topic to put these under yet.

221/365

And another FTJ picture. Delia as she is eating her snack. I just love how she stands. I have a few of her up on her toes too.

FTJ-Delia

I had to add it :) I really don't have a foot fetish, feet are gross, unless they belong to Ben or Delia.
FTJ-Delia Snack

3 comments:

BarbRiley August 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

What an accomplishment! I am so proud of your Ben!

Courtney August 11, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Yay for Ben!! That is awesome and the first stages of reading!! Whoo hoo!! Love the photo as well how you went through Delia's legs :O) Very creative!

Amanda August 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

cutest little feet!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP