Thursday, July 8, 2010

189/365

Ben and Delia enjoyed camp again today. I think that Ben likes Delia being there with him. I know that she feels better having him there with her. She hasn't cried the first time this week when I have left them. They sure are tired every day though. This afternoon, I took the kids to the pool for a little bit and after we got back home Ben decided it was time to argue with me. He does this 'I want this, no....I want that' routine. You can't please the boy when he is in a mood like that. And I was already in a bad mood, so the two together just didn't seem to mesh well. I was so glad to see Brent when he got home.

Pretty much today has been a bust from every angle. I spent all morning trying to get a paint sprayer to work so I could paint some wall art for the room off of the kitchen while the kids weren't around. Nothing frustrates me more than things that don't work properly. The internet hasn't worked all day. I kept thinking it would magically start again like usual, but found we needed a new modem instead. Ben dumped out a whole years worth of files in the floor (his truck wheel was stuck...whatever). I spent collectively about an hour on the phone with the internet people today. I hate wasted time. You never get it back! I'm having issues with two of my lenses not focusing accurately. I don't even want to pick up my camera because it just frustrates me every time. And the Nikon guy thinks I'm a mom with a camera with no clue as to what I'm talking about. So, that is frustrating too. Today has just been one hit after another and I hope that tomorrow goes better. TGIF, right?

Here is a macro with the lens that IS working properly on my camera. It took me a while to get something I liked out there in the back yard tonight. I was thinking along the lines of not being able to see the forest for the trees from the kind of day that I've had....and took a few shots, then had this idea. I did enjoy a few peaceful minutes alone though. No kids crying, no dogs underfoot, a good lens that does focus. Unfortunately, this was the highlight of my day.
189/365

6 comments:

Tamra July 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

Sorry you had such a rough day, but that is one fabulous shot! Love the comp, and the colors are great, too. I have macro envy!

grandmabish July 9, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

I want a macro so bad!!! Especially whem I see shots like this one. Sorry about your crappy day. Even CM's is down tonight...the cherry on top of your day. Try to laugh about it! Once again, this is one amazing capture.

Courtney July 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Bummer about your lens and your day! This photo is AMAZING!! Love the colors and the lines!! Love love!!

BarbRiley July 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Sorry you had a bad day girl! I hope today is better for ya!

Shannon Joy July 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Sorry for your yucky day :(. If it makes you feel any better... this is an absolutely AMAZING photo!!!!

grandmabish July 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Hi laurie....I kept the wagon, but you should see it close up. Layers came off inside, but it is still sturdy enough to be safe. There are holes in the one side where light comes through...but I am loving it anyway. I had potted flowers in it for years under a pine tree, and it took a toll on it. I was not thinking of having it as a photo prop back then.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP