Sunday, July 4, 2010

185/365

Okay, nothing 4th of July related here. I have been really lazy and haven't charged the camera battery and have not felt like getting the camera out. Shame on me.

Today was a lot of fun. We went to Brent's parents house and spent the day with his family (sister, bro-in-law, and brother). It was a lot of fun. The kids played nice and so did we! I think I love Wii. I have always liked video games probably more than the average chick, but I like race car games and the need for speed, where Brent loves football and soccer games. When I play those games, my little soccer guy just kicks the air around and never seems to do anything soccer related! The Wii was great because it is so interactive. Like going bowling with the family without leaving the living room. We took them to the neighborhood pool where they swam with their cousin (who is also quite the little fish). It was great to see them all together.

The kids both fell asleep on the way home. Brent took the little one to bed and I took the big one. On the way up the stairs, it struck me how I won't be able to pick up my (little) big guy soon enough. Before I know it, I'll be so prego that it will be really difficult to lift him. And after that, he will probably be too heavy and big for me to lift. I don't tend to pick him up that often now (he is already almost half my body weight!), but the fact that it will no longer be possible sort of jarred me. At that moment, I realized how much more I can offer my kids of myself and how much more I need to do with them individually as people and as just me and them. My kids are really good kids (no bias here, hehe), and easy to take places alone, and I think I am going to do that more often. I don't really know why I haven't been doing that up to now. Just me and them. With all of my attention. Enjoying their childhood while I can and before it is gone.

So, this photo is of my big boy sleeping in his room. This idea is not an original one unfortunately. A fellow blogger made a photo of her son earlier this year (Wenderful--Wendy Vonsosen) and I loved it and thought I would recreate it tonight. What a sweet baby boy. He'll always be my little baby.

185/365

3 comments:

grandmabish July 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

For me, a lot of the enjoyment of your blog is your writing. I will look forward to the pics later. You are smart to take the time for the kids and yourself and to capture those moments with your photography. Their youth will be gone before you know it. You may start to question youself about how you spent that fleeting time. These writings and your beautiful photos will reassure you in your older years that you did indeed give your all to the children and that you loved them and prepared them for their future responsibilities. You are such a good mom!

Vicki Smith July 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Ahh grandmabish you brought a tear to my eye. I agree, your blog is great with or without the pictures. I love the pic of Ben sleeping. I also saw this on Wenderful's blog and have always wanted to try it!

Courtney July 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

Okay, how in the world did you do that?? I remember seeing it on Wendy's and wondering the same thing. If you don't mind sharing I would love to know the secret so I can do the same for my kiddos :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP