Monday, June 21, 2010

172/365

Today we went to the spray grounds. Delia had a blast. Ben was over it after about an hour. So after about two hours (right after lunch) we headed to get a couple of errands done, then home. I thought Ben would love it. I don't know what his problem was. His BFF got there about an hour after we did, so I think he was just done by the time he got there. Delia could have happily played there all day. Well, as long as there was food there. Everyone brought snacks, so she begged off of everyone. A little embarrassing Delia! One chick kept saying, I think she's hungry! But I know my girl. If there is food involved, she wants it. Hungry or not. She is just a little snacker. I wonder what her weight percentile would be if I gave her food every time she wanted any. But, the same thing happened when I brought out our food. A little girl just stood there staring at our grapes (which are of course a choking hazard, so I was scared to give her any).

Well, I want to go take my picture, but a guy is here to look at our irrigation system. One of the zones is pooping out on us and this heat with this particular grass is not good. Anyway, if he saw me crawling around in the grass he would think I'm a little cuckoo. So, I'll wait :)

I took Ben and Delia back down to the pool this evening for some hard core practice before their swim lesson tomorrow and Ben is now holding his breath and putting his whole head under water voluntarily. Delia is putting her face under voluntarily. If you could have been someone watching us, you would have thought I was drowning our kids, but it worked out for the better! Yay Ben and Delia! I'm so proud of you both. And Ben, my heart swells for you especially for conquering your fear of going underwater. What a brave little guy!!!

172/365

4 comments:

Alison June 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Saw this on Flickr - love the bokeh! You are brave taking two kids into the pool. We're trying to get our 4 year old water safe. With the baby, it's so hard to have two non-swimmers.

grandmabish June 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Congrats on the kids accomplishments in the pool. LOVE the bokeh in this wonderful photo!

Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

Very cool!! Beautiful bokeh!!!

Tamra June 23, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Beautiful photo! And nicely done with the kids, too!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP