Saturday, June 19, 2010

170/365

Today was fun. Ben and Delia had a blast at a friend's birthday party. Then off to Nana and Grandpa's house to celebrate Father's Day. Thanks Paul for cooking your awesome chicken for us!!! The kids fell asleep on the way home and were an easy transfer to bed. All Bennie said was, "Love you" and rolled over.

The other day a friend and I discussed how one person can say a rude comment to you, and your whole day/experience can be offset. Well, I have been fortunate enough to have the opposite happen to me a couple of times in the past week when I really needed it. I was in the grocery store the other day (my least favorite place to take the kids) and things were going well, but a total stranger smiled a big smile at me and told me that I had the two most beautiful children. Of course I agree :) , but my step was lighter for the rest of the grocery trip and it made me happy to hear someone say such a sweet thing totally unprompted. A stranger has nothing to gain by saying kind words, but it can make the world of difference in someone's day, I know it did mine.

And another comment, not from a total stranger, I feel like I "know" her even if only on the web, Karren said such kind words about a blog entry from the other day that I thought were so sweet. She could have easily judged me by the what I had written, but instead took the time to write a few words of encouragement. Thank you Karren. You are so kind and I appreciate it! :)

So, that said, take the time to say something nice to someone you don't know. It could really turn their day around.

Some exciting news!!! Pioneer Woman chose my fly photo from the other day as a semifinalist for the Bug assignments for the week. I am so excited! Here is the link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/
Mine is the first one in Group 4. Sorry to toot my own horn this week, but I feel really honored and surprised by the attention my photography has given me. There were plenty more deserving photos than mine....

And last, sorry long entry tonight, my plan was to take some photos of "relationships" today while at Brent's parent's house, but I got lazy and took this oh so flashy shot right before we left.
170/365

3 comments:

grandmabish June 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Flashy or not...it's still cute.

Melissa Weber June 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Congrats on all the recognition!
I love your "flashy" shot. I'm sure the grandparents will, too.

Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

Congrats on being chosen!!! It is such an honor!!! You should definitely be tooting your own horn :O) I like how you PPed this one...it doesn't look "flashy" at all :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP