Thursday, June 17, 2010

168/365

Another busy, busy day. I will be so glad for the weekend!!! We have been home today for literally about a couple of hours. Breakfast, a little cooking, then we hit the pool for the kids' swim lessons and a picnic lunch. Back home to change clothes, then a bunch of errands. I feel like I could go to sleep and it is only 8pm.

The swim lessons. I had a feeling this lesson would not go over as well as the first and I was right. Ben cried almost the entire time (very unlike him to act out in public, he is usually really respectful of adults), but Delia did really good, which didn't surprise me. It is really disappointing! I know every kid does things at their own pace...yada yada yada...I know more so than most mommas unfortunately...and it is difficult to watch my little guy struggle. I'll always feel a little more protective of him, I think. I can't help it. I'm sure this would seem trivial to most people, but I really hope he gets his act together next week. First and foremost, I want him to be safe around the water. And secondly, I want him to do his best and I will be proud of that!!!....today was just a shock to me because he didn't try his best or even a fraction of his best. He promises to listen next week and give it his all. We will see!

Moving on....my crapola picture from yesterday was "Explored!!!" on Flickr. I don't know why it is such an honor really, but it is! Of course I didn't even know until a little bit ago and it was like 455/500, but I'm cool with that! For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, Flickr has some sort of secret algorithm that determines "interestingness" (their word) of all of the photos uploaded each day and the top 500 scores (at that particular time) get "Explored." I'm sure mine was bumped shortly.

This is Miss Delia in time out. I snagged this last minute. Looks like she is having too much fun to me. I really need to crack the whip with discipline (so to speak) with her. She thinks that "smile" she is giving will get her out of trouble. She is wrong. And check out those red eyes from too much time at the pool.

168/365

I just had to come back and say that I hope I don't sound down on my little guy. He has his own share of talents that are unique to him, and I'm very proud of those. I just want him to always do his best. I think any mother can understand that.

6 comments:

Melissa June 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

But how can you say no to that face? She is so cute, even in time out. My kid would be screaming instead of smiling.

Shannon Joy June 17, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Holy heavens!!! Those shoes!! Love them!!!!

Thanks for answering my pm. Off to pm ya back :)

elizabeth June 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

boy - what a little cutie - love the little converse that match the dress - perfect

grandmabish June 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

These are adorable! I love her outfit...and that shot of her head on the floor is sooo cute!!! You are a very good mom .... some days are harder than others, but kids have their good days and their not so good days just like we do. Hang in there!

Melissa Weber June 19, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

Ha! These are so cute, love the collage. I would never know she was in timeout. hehe.

Courtney June 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

Love the shoes! Kate has the same pair :O) That cracks me up that her timeouts are very similar to Kate's. Why do they have so much fun sometimes?? :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP