Tuesday, June 8, 2010

159/365

Today's Boot Camp inspirational word is "Multilayered" so this is what I came up with. I had another idea, but it would require both of my children's participation, so I decided to go the easy route. Maybe I'll attempt the other one for the "Relationships" theme that I'm still behind on. I needed 20 pictures that are related to relationships and I'm not there yet. These workshops started at a bad time for my schedule. How dare they not talk with me first!

Ben had fun at "camp" today, I think. Once we got there and he was in the room, he got all teary eyed and didn't want to stay. I'm not sure what that was about because he has never really been too clingy in that way (which hurt my feelings at the beginning of school last year and this year...) but once I diverted his attention to Charlie (his BFF), he was good to go. He saw a big frog and a big scary turtle today, he said. As well as a snake, he just told me. I should really ask the camp leaders what goes on so I can match it all up.

So, here is the photo for the day as well as another from the bootcamp. I played catch-up and I am good to go now, except for a journal, which I really dont' see myself doing. The bee was inspired by the word of the day yesterday, which was "picnic". Where there is food, there are bees.

Multilayered:
160/365 {Multilayered}

Picnic:
Boot Camp {Picnic}

5 comments:

Alison June 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

The bee shot is so cool1 It looks great in b&w. Love the take on 'multilayered.' I still have to shoot mine!

Courtney June 9, 2010 at 2:14 AM  

These are great! Very creative!! I am behind on Finding the Joy too :O) and I thought of doing the Creativity Boot Camp but have family coming in for a month. At least I will be able to get my relationship pictures in now ha ha :O)

elizabeth June 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

wow wow -
love the bee shot -
any chance you can spill the secrets on how you did that??

Laurie June 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Thanks Elizabeth! It was actually a mistake that I ended up liking! Accidentally on purpose ;) It was underexposed for the actual color of the bee (harsh backlighting), so I made it black & white to make more of a silhouette. It is in full sun, hence the harsh shadow/reflection underneath it. Very narrow DOF. I was practically in the bee's face with the macro. The light hit it just right to get the wing bokeh. That was my favorite part! The exif data is intact in flickr. I think if you click on the bee it will take you to my flickr page.

Alison June 19, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Yeah! Just saw this on Pioneer Woman! Congrats!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP