Thursday, May 13, 2010

133/365

While Ben was at school, Jenn and I took the kiddos to Buford to finish my sand shopping. With that done, we headed home. Soon after we got home, my new camera arrived!!! (I signed the slip in case he came while I was gone). I couldn't miss him again and I didn't want to wait around all day. Whoohoo! I have been playing around a little bit just trying to get my settings like I like them and I am pretty impressed so far. I'll show a few SOO-ACR (Straight Out Of Adobe Camera RAW--for the parents) shots to show off it's abilities. I am most impressed with the high ISO capabilites, which I expected, and second the auto WB (white balance), which I hadn't heard much about. It was total crap on my other camera and this one has some really nice color with minimal tweaking on Auto WB setting. I even took a bathroom shot of Delia (she pooped on the potty for the 3rd time, self initiated today, Yay! Delia!, so we celebrated with a potty shot) and I am amazed at what ISO 5000 looks like on this camera, in a bathroom with no windows. The D80 only goes to 3200, and those are totally unusable. It is very heavy, my wrist hurts, but I'll get over that. If I can carry around Delia's lard butt, I can carry around my new baby too.

Favorite things so far:
ISO capabilities
Auto WB wonderfulness (unexpected)
All main functions on exterior of camera (so you avoid wasting time changing ISO, WB, etc in camera menus)
Large LCD screen

To round out our day, we hosted playgroup at the pool. We had a big turnout. The pool was cold today. That was a bummer, but the kids eased into it and enjoyed themselves.

ISO 1600:
Geezm I am in heaven.
133/365

ISO 2000:
Never mind the snot here, just check out how sharp those eyes are at 2000! On the D80, the loss of detail at 800 made me sick.
133/365

IS0 2500:
133/365

ISO 8000 (this is as high as it goes, I think):
133/365

5 comments:

Amanda May 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

I really want one....Love the pics.

Jen B. May 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Wow, impressive. I am in awe at the clarity. How fabulous that will be for indoor, low light shots! I'm totally jealous...

grandmabish May 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

These shots are amazing. Quite a difference. have fun with the learning curve. I get a kick out of your explanations. Thanks for making me laugh! Thanks for looking at my poor
little blog, and for your comments.

Shannon Joy May 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Now I want one!! LOL!!!! GORGEOUSNESS!!!! The clarity is AMAZING!!!! SO glad that you finally got your baby!

Courtney May 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

HOLY COW!! Now I want a new camera :O) These are GREAT! I can't believe the ISO capabilities!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP