Friday, May 7, 2010

127/365

Today we went to the pool and had a really nice time. Just me and the kids. The weather was perfect, and the water was great. We all really enjoyed ourselves. This summer is going to be so much more fun than last summer. Delia was quite the stinker last summer bc all she wanted to do was practice her new walking skillz around the pool, which meant lots of chasing for me and lots of fussing for her if you even tried to put her in a float. After only 2 times in the pool, she has really gotten the hang of the puddle jumper vest and is floating on her belly and learning how to kick with it. I'm impressed. A couple of weeks ago it would flip her on her back every time (it is a Coast guard approved life vest, so it's just doin' it's job), but now she can balance herself to stay on her belly. And she is quite the daredevil, just taking off like she knows what she is doing. This summer is shaping up already! I really can't say enough about his life vest. I think the weight limit is for above 30 lbs--Delia is a little on the voluptuous side :)--and it saved my summer last year too. There is no way I could have gone to the pool alone with two kids if Ben didn't have one (when Delia was such a handful).

And to top off the day, Ben and I had our afternoon snack out on the front porch. I'm eating for two you know....brownies and ice cream. ;) Yum! This is our little spot to hang out in the afternoon, just me and my boy. And we wave at every single car or truck that passes. Thank goodness for a couple of sweet neighbors that really exaggerate their waves so Ben will see them.

127/365

5 comments:

Shannon Joy May 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Oh, Laurie... this brings tears to my eyes. What an incredibly sweet capture! What a special moment with your special boy.

grandmabish May 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

This is so precious! You are such a great mom...making and capturing so many memories for your children.

Courtney May 8, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Wonderful!!! I love the conversion as well! Glad you were able to capture this memory for him :O)

Melissa Weber May 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Awww, this is so sweet. I love it! Blow it up!

Alison May 10, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Such a fabulous shot! You should put this on a canvas! Love your entry way too!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP