Friday, April 9, 2010

99/365

I am exhausted today. This morning, we headed to the park to play for a bit. I didn't check the weather, and it was a chilly. I have been spoiled by this beautiful weather we have been having. It rained yesterday and I guess it brought in a cold front. If you know me, I never watch the news, so I am oblivious to what is going on in the outside world until I step out the door. So, we didn't last long at the park. I'm sure the kids could have stayed there all day, but Delia wasn't dressed for chilly weather. So, back home for some playtime upstairs. The kids took in a little Baby Einstein while I rested on the couch to try to gather a little energy. That didn't help. I think it only made me sleepier. I should have known better.

This is one of the daffodils I was so excited about peeking through the pine straw earlier this Spring. Spring has really just flown by. I am really loving this weather. I think I lived in the tropics in a previous life.

99/365

For you guys that asked about the tripod: I got the Manfrotto 190XPROB and the 322RC2 ball head with the grip. Before, I had one that my mom gave me that came with her P&S. Seriously, it was dangerous, and the quick release plate broke off bc my camera was just too heavy. I calculated about 100 times to make sure this one would hold my dream camera, grip if I ever wanted one, flash, and heaviest lenses I could ever imagine purchasing and there are still a few pounds to spare. It feels so solid and stable. The camera is not going anywhere. The grip makes it soooooo easy to manipulate the camera around. And it can go down to just inches off of the ground for macro (one day...). I hated spending $$$ on a tripod especially when I want to upgrade cameras so badly, but I do really like it. I'm more excited about it now than I thought I would be. The link above is actually a pretty good deal if you are considering one. Mine didn't come with a case, so I'll need to purchase one of those separately. This was my Vday present from my wonderful husband. Thanks Babes!

5 comments:

grandmabish April 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

Oh this poor little thing! It will soon send out some beautiful blossoms. gotta love p!

grandmabish April 9, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

I forgot to mention the bokeh!!! AWESOME!

elizabeth April 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

great bokeh!!!
and great tripod -
will have to put that on wish list

Courtney April 10, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks for the info on your tripod. Mine is broken but I'm still trying to use it for a bit longer ha ha. Looks like I need to get a good one!

Melissa Weber April 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Beautiful bokeh!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP