Tuesday, April 6, 2010

96/365

Never a boring day. That is for sure. This morning we packed a lunch and went with some friends to a park to let the kids play. And some little boy that Delia could eat for lunch pushed her 3 times. Two handed pushes. The third push knocked her to the ground. I was livid. Anyway, the lady in charge of him said, "He's not mine, but he's a bully." What?? He couldn't have been 2 years old yet and already a bully? And he had never even seen Delia before. Nuts. He didn't seem to bother the older kids. Just Delia. Really, she is more than that kid can handle. Well, if she weren't so darn sweet. I think that is the first time anyone other than her brother has been mean to her. :(

Afterward we went home for naptime. I had made an appointment for Ben to get his haircut this afternoon at 4pm. I like to push my limits, so at 330pm Ben and I went upstairs to get Delia from her nap and head to the haircut. Ben beat me there and said, "Mommy, Delia pooped in her crib, and it's stinky." Um, to say that it just "stinky" was an understatement. Delia had taken her diaper off and played with her poop in the crib. It was everywhere. All over the bumper, the sheet, the crib railing, the floor. The walls were spared, thank goodness. So, I immediately turned around, went back downstairs, called the salon to cancel (there was no way I would get there in time!!!), grabbed the camera, and some Clorox wipes and headed back upstairs to clean up the mess. Yuck! Ben was my moral support. He actually stuck it out in the stench while I cleaned. Delia soaked in the bath while I changed sheets and wiped down the mattress and crib. (The bathroom is a jack & jill, so she was supervised). Oh! And not a peep while the poop party was happening. I actually thought she may have been sleeping she was so quiet up in her room. I only wish. Note to self, never put Delia to nap again with only a diaper on (no shorts). And potty training is going to happen as soon as a grandparent is willing to take on Ben overnight (on a weekday). Preferably a Monday or Tuesday. Pretty please??Bring on the big girl panties! On a high note, she has gone pee pee in the potty 3 days in a row. Yay!

Skip to a couple hours ahead...As I write this, I am at my whits end, wishing for 730pm to roll around. The kids are finishing up dinner behind me. For some reason when Brent isn't home by this time, the kids decide to drive me nuts. They both get really loud around this time of day. Some happy squeals mixed in with annoying loudness at the table. Next up Ben to the bath, then books and bed. Can't wait!

96/365

7 comments:

BarbRiley April 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Oh Laurie, it sounds like you had an awful afternoon. I'm sorry :( I remember how angry I was the first time Abby & Mckenzie got pushed around at a playground. My heart was pounding a million times a minute and I wanted to find that kids parents and push them down. They, of course, didn't seem to notice or mind. Not sure which.

whippetmom April 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

ugh...rough day- I agree about kids being crazier whenever dad's not home...and it figures they are perfect angels if he's stuck with them for a day alone...;) I love that you took pictures too- I always do that!!

Kat April 7, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Oh so not fun. I remember the day my 2nd daughter did that...ugh...last day of naps for her.

Jenn Gammon April 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

Oh my gosh, look at her fingers!! Bless your heart! Maybe today we can get together and let the kids work it out themselves :)

Courtney April 7, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Bummer!! Bullies and poop!! I love how you positioned your pictures to captured it though. Her walls are beautiful! Glad she didn't get any on them!!

Vicki Smith April 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Oh NO! Those situations are never fun... the bullies or the poop! :)

Amanda April 7, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Oh my, I hate those kind of days....he is super cute though.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP