Friday, April 2, 2010

92/365

Today was a fun Friday. We went to the outlets with some friends, again, so we could use a coupon on some things that we (I mean me and Delia) had our eye on. All I can say is that this girl is going to be stylin' this summer. I love, love, love summer clothes. Then we played at the playground. I love the playground there. There aren't as many places for a 21 month old to break her neck on, so I don't have to worry quite as much.

We went from the playground to meet Daddy (Brent) for lunch. We had Ben's favorite. Chicken dipped in orange sauce (Zaxby's). We claimed the only picnic table outdoors and had a nice lunch in the sun. I even have a little sun today. Getting a little tan on. The kids are too. Delia never burns, but you can tell that she has gotten sun when her fat roll creases are still white. I'm jealous of the girl's skin coloring.

The real Ben has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone Ben. He has been on his best behavior for the past two days (minus last night's tantrum). His manners have noticeably improved. No tantrums when we came in from outdoors. And he has been calling me "Mommy Dear" --I think he is saying "Mommy Deer" but nonetheless it is cute. "Thank you, Mommy Dear." And I'm not saying that Ben is not a "good" boy. He is a very good boy in general, but has been a little angel for the past two days. I hope this clone Ben is here to stay a while bc Delia has been replaced with a clone as well, but not as nice of one. Her clone only knows one word. You can guess which one that is.

Today Ben and I decorated Easter eggs together. It was fun. I didn't think Delia was up for it, it would have been a total mess, so we did it while she was napping. Ben was over it after about three eggs and so was I. I tried my hand at some Martha Stewart eggs. I wonder what Martha's eggs would look like if she were decorating along side of a 3 year old. Not makin' excuses, just wondering....

92/365

Forgot to add that Delia let me hold her and rock her this evening. She has always been the type of baby that would rather you just lay her in the crib and get herself to sleep. Probably from necessity due to having two kids close in age. But anyway, she can be so sweet sometimes. I just cherish the times that she lays her head on my chest and holds onto my arm so tight. I got to listen to her slow breathing and feel her eyelashes on my cheek as she was blinking. I love that little girl. Sassy as she is.

3 comments:

Shannon Joy April 2, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Super cute!! I may need to try Martha's eggs next year because the Paas isn't as cute :).

grandmabish April 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

your eggs turned out nice bright and pretty! Darling kids as usual.

elizabeth April 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Love your photo - your kid's are adorable -
Have a happy easter

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP