Saturday, April 17, 2010

107/365

Today we planned on going out with friends for dinner. Plans fell through for that, but Brent and I still got to spend time together as a couple. We had a fun day. Test driving a couple of cars and dinner out, including dessert. Yum! Ben and Delia get to spend a little time with their grandparents. Ben was ready to stay. He has no issues whatsoever about spending the night elsewhere. Nor does Delia for that matter. We hung out for a while after we dropped them off and Ben was putting together one of those HUGE 4 foot puzzles. He kept saying, "And that is a part of the Fire Truck, everybody!" As he said this, he waved his arm back and forth slowly as if he was talking to a crowd (of 3 people) or acting as a ringleader at the circus. He can be such a character sometimes.

The picture today is of our dear little caterpillar friends. I think *know* that I am amazed more than anyone else in the house, but these little guys are growing SO FAST! I totally recommend doing this! We got our little kit from Lowe's (a home improvement/garden center type store). The caterpillars arrived within a few days of ordering them online. We received them a week ago and they have more than quadrupled in size already. I'm not sure what I expected, but I am totally impressed. These little creatures are amazing. Within the next few days, the fat caterpillars will form chrysalides where they will hang from the top of the cup head down. Then we will transfer them into their new home where they will emerge as butterflies. (I'll post a picture with each new phase). Oh, and all of the little brown pellets are caterpillar poop in case you have never seen any. Caterpillar poop is called "frass." Okay, end of butterfly lesson.

107/365

4 comments:

Shannon Joy April 17, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

Yeah for couple time :). That Ben of yours cracks me up :).

grandmabish April 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

That's a lot of poop to be navigating through !!!! It's a good nature lesson though. I will be looking forward to more pics

elizabeth April 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

thanks so much for sharing where you found those I think I will have to try them

Courtney April 19, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Oh, I need to find some that will ship to APO's :O) Kate would love these! Can't wait to see them as butterflies!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP