Thursday, April 15, 2010

105/365

As I write this, my youngest is crying, "Mommy....Mommy.....Mommy!" She has got to be one tired little girl. This morning was our monthly MOPS meeting, where Delia stayed in the church nursery. At the first site of the ladies in blue, she started puckering out her lip and latched onto me tightly. But, she made it, as usual. No nap today.

After the meeting this morning, we made our way to kill some time at Target before it was time to pick up Ben from school. On the way, we had a little drama. I gave Delia her sandwich that they didn't feed her for lunch at the meeting to eat in the car on the way to Target. A little voice told me not to give it to her. It had bacon in it, which she has choked/gagged on before because it sort of stretched out and strung down her throat. I was watching her very carefully in the mirror. She took a big bite and yep, started gagging because she couldn't chew it properly. I literally pulled off on the road up onto a curb. My friend was behind me in her car thinking I was nuts or having a wreck or something. I ran as fast as my flip flops would let me around the car to find the door locked!!! Back around to unlock, then back around the car again to find Delia just fine. At this point I was really freaking out, but when I asked her if she was okay, she said, "Uh-huh". My sweet little darling. My friend and I were crying because it was just one of those moments! She didn't know what was wrong with me and seeing my obvious scared expression. I should have listened to my little voice. I knew better. If you ever watch Oprah, she has a saying that applies to situations that happen over and over in our lives.....it goes something like this....At first you'll hear a whisper, then a knock, then a a huge in your face sign that something is wrong. I think this was definitely my "whisper" and "knock" and I have heard it loud and clear. I'm so happy my baby is safe and sound. Sooo scary. And to add to the drama, the police and fire department saw my dramatic onto the curbage, and both were all of me to make sure things were okay. I guess if something were to have actually happened, we were at the right place at the right time. Give your kiddos a squeeze tonight :)

Oh! And Delia picked out her big girl underwear today at Target. Elmo. :)

And this was Delia during nap time today. She is sitting up playing with something. Probably one of her bebe's.
105/365

4 comments:

elizabeth April 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

great photo to save for when she's all grown - it will be bring back some great memories

grandmabish April 16, 2010 at 2:31 AM  

Now that's a creative shot!

BarbRiley April 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

That must have been quite a scare for ya Laurie. Glad she is okay :)

Courtney April 19, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Oh my, Laurie! What a scare!! Glad all is safe!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP