Wednesday, April 14, 2010

104/365

Today started out with Ben as a meerkat. He wanted to wear that shirt yesterday, but since it was picture day at school, that wasn't an option. So he was a "shark" yesterday, not sure why, and a meerkat today. He told me that meerkat's liked cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Unfortunately, we were out of cinnamon rolls and the meerkat settled for blueberry waffles and yogurt. Ben had speech today with Ms. Cindy, then we took some items back to the mall and came home for nap time. Delia actually took a nap today. That is three days in a row! I'm thinking all of the activity that spring/summer will bring will make for great naps. Yay!

After nap time, we went to the POOL! Whoop! That was our first trip to the pool this season. It is heated, so not cold at all. It was perfect. Delia is doing pretty good with the puddle jumper float. She isn't afraid at all of the water and giggles when she thinks she is swimming. So cute. Ben can get around pretty much where ever he wants to go. I think the pool will be much more fun for us this summer. Last summer I spent most of the time chasing Delia around the outside of the pool or listening to her complain that she was in a float. Not fun.

I think we are going to get the kids some hard core swimming lessons. I'm talking throwing them underwater to make them learn to save themselves. We spend a lot of time at the pool or on the lake, so it is a must that they learn how to swim or at least know how to keep their heads above water. I'm putting that on my to do list this week. I've heard great things about a local swim coach who isn't so warm and fuzzy, but gets straight to the point. I think they need that.

And last, the photo. I often wonder what the kids will remember about their childhoods. And in particular about me. I remember my mother holding my hand and continuously twisting a ring around and around on my finger. I'm the big dork and has keys strapped to my body bc I would lose my head if it weren't attached. Just ask my friend Jenn. So call me a loser, call me a big dork, whatever. Most likely I don't have a purse on me, rarely a diaper bag, and I have my keys attached to my belt loop. Not something I would have been caught dead doing before I had kiddos. Just another sacrifice, I guess. :)

104/365

4 comments:

wenderful April 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

This is great! What a clever idea. Can I hook my phone on me? That's what I'm always losing. Maybe my sunglasses too.

Shannon Joy April 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

That's a great idea!!!! I need to start hooking my kids to me :). Great shot! Looks like you are loving the tripod. Thanks for the info :)

Courtney April 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

This is a wonderful idea!! It is interesting to think what our kids will remember about us :O)

Alison April 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Great post! I should do that! I am always losing my keys!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP