Monday, April 12, 2010

102/365

We took our usual Monday trip to the playground and Chick-fil-a with friends. My kids are going to turn into chickens. Ben has school tomorrow!!! I know he will be happy to be there tomorrow. I'm sure he is sick of hanging out with me and Delia. At the moment, I *think* Delia is napping. It is really quiet upstairs, at least, but that doesn't mean too much. Ben is watching his favorite show of the moment, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." I'm making an invitation for our local MOMS Club group. I'm hoping they will be happy with my first and very, very quick draft. I'm feeling lazy and not in the mood, yet feeling the pressure to get it done. I need to get to work on Delia's 2nd birthday invitation as well. I'm going for simple this year. Flat card. 5x7. I tend to stress out about it too much and want everything to be perfect. But regardless, Delia will have a fun birthday. She could care less about her birthday invitation. But that does remind me that I need to order a cake soon. Oh, and make her 2 year well check appointment. Off to do that before I forget again!

This is Monarch Butterfly kit was in Ben's Easter basket this year. The caterpillars arrived on Saturday. They are eating and eating, just like the Erik Carle's book, getting fatter and fatter. I can't wait until they form their chrysalises and hatch out. I think the kids will really enjoy it. I'm hoping the caterpillars survive better than the sea monkeys. They were all dead after 4 days. Not sure what happened there :(

102/365

Had to come back and say that Ben picked up my lens cap and said, "N-I-K-O-N spells DO NOT TOUCH!" Hehe! Smart boy! Wonder who he heard that from.

4 comments:

BarbRiley April 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Well Laurie, our kids can be chickens together! Mine eat there a lot too!

grandmabish April 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Good luck with the butterflies. What a great learning experience.

Shannon Joy April 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

You sound like me with the birthday invite situation. I stress way too much over that. I guess as their mommy, you want their special day to be perfect :). I used to teach and the butterflies are an amazing learning experience! They will LOVE it! That Ben cracks me up! He is SUPER smart!

Amanda April 13, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Those butterflies will be so much fun!!! And oh how I wish I could keep my little guy away from my N-I-K-O-N...

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP