Tuesday, March 30, 2010

89/365

Today, I got up by the alarm clock at 6:30 am. If you don't know me, this is a big, big deal. I hate an alarm clock. I hate waking up early. I love sleep, and I have tried to teach my kids to love sleep as much as I do. Ben is usually my alarm clock. Somewhere between 7am and 740am he comes into my room and asks for milk and to watch "TD" which of late, the favorite is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So, I get up, get the milk, turn on the show and go back to bed for another 30 minutes. I'm bad, I know. I'm never on time and I know that I need to change things up a bit. Tuesdays and Thursdays are school days. So I need to set the alarm. I'm glad I did today, because I had to wake up both kids at 8am in order to get them dressed and fed in time for school. So, the alarm is my new thing. I'll set it for 7am on non-school days so that I can get ready for the day.

I took my camera into Delia's room this morning to try to take a sleeping picture, but that didn't work out. She has a very keen sense of hearing and of knowing someone is watching her. I step in and she is up. But, like me, she doesn't like to be awakened, so she whined around a little and about 60 seconds later, she looked like this. My little Delia bedhead.

89/365

Extra little note to add to today:

Today Bennie and I made muffins during Delia's "nap". When they had cooled, we went out to the front porch to sit on the steps to eat them. We sat there taking our time with our muffins. Then Ben turned to me and said, "Hold my hand, Mommy." Of course I obliged. I told him that one day he wouldn't want to hold my hand anymore. Then, I asked if he would still hold it when he were 15 or 10. And he said, "Uh huh." I think I have the sweetest boy that ever lived.

6 comments:

Courtney March 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

Love the bedhead! What a great memory to have captured...

BarbRiley March 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

We made muffins today too! Delia looks so sweet!

grandmabish March 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

She looks so happy. Sweet capture.

Amanda March 31, 2010 at 2:12 AM  

Super cute....My boys are very loving it's my daughter who gives me the cold shoulderYour little man is too sweet....

Courtney March 31, 2010 at 2:15 AM  

I am the EXACT same when it comes to sleep. Cute picture and I LOVE the story about Ben...precious!!!

Nhi Blansett March 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

I just want to pick her up and hug her!! What a cutie! She reminds me of my niece.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP