Wednesday, March 17, 2010

76/365

Today we went and got Delia's Easter basket. I got Ben one too, but need to find a liner for it. Oh! I just got an email that I won one on ebay! Why does it feel so good to "win" something on ebay? Not like I didn't pay for it. Anyway, we were at North Pointe Mall. The last time we were there, I promised Ben he could ride the train. So, $12 later, we did. Such a rip off. I can't believe they make adults pay to ride. I hardly believe I would be riding the train without the kids with me! They loved it though.

We went shoe shopping again. Poor Delia has some extra wide/thick feet (none of the cute sandals at Target will fit), so we went to Stride Rite to get some extra wide shoes. Buy one get one half off everybody! So, the Easter Bunny is going to give her some shiny gold sandals for Easter along with some other goodies. Ben picked out some sandals too. I had just bought his sandals at the Stride Rite outlet yesterday, but learned today that I had bought a whole size too small. (Also some wide feet). I highly recommend not guestimating, let the experts size their little feet. I was a half of a size off with Delia too. And I learned today that children's feet sweat 3 times more than adult feet. That is why they are so stinky!

My picture of the day is not of feet though, but of phlox. I saw this on our way home. I had another idea, but need to get up the nerve to pull over and trespass for a minute. Anyway, phlox reminds me of my Easter and my Granny. I remember phlox growing at the edge of her yard when I was a child. I must have found an egg there at an Easter egg hunt, because it always makes me think of Easter too. So, I took a picture of just one. There were many more, but I liked this little loner. I think the next few days are going to be pictures of signs of Spring. I'm so excited that Spring is here (almost anyway)!

76/365

4 comments:

karren March 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

This is cool! I love the texture you applied. I've never done a texture. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I went all the way back through your posts to see your day #2 motion blur. I like it. I have one of one of my dogs running that is blurry throughout and I think it's good on that one, but what I was trying to get with the child on the swing was everything really blurred except fot her, and she's a little OOF. I was panning, and didn't hit it quite right. I really love your blog.

Amanda March 18, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

Lovely lovely photo, I am excited for spring to. Hope you get the nerve to trespass, can't say that I have it yet :P

Courtney March 18, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

I love the texture and the single flower! Beautiful!

Shannon Joy March 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

This so beautiful!!!

I do love your daily commentaries. Never a dull moment, is it?

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP