Sunday, March 14, 2010

73/365

Home again, home again. We got up this morning and heading out (after sleeping in). The one thing that I have learned about Asheville, NC, is that it is one liberal town. I like liberal when it comes to places. I love the artsy shops and diverse people. Makes for some interesting people watching. Although, the people weren't so much diverse as just a LOT of townies. Which is fine. Same dress style. Same carefree attitude. And everyone seemed to think it were summer already. This morning we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table at a breakfast spot (outdoors of course). We were waiting with a bunch of locals, who all thought it was a good idea to wear shorts and tank tops. It was about 42 degrees. I know I was freezing.

This weekend was very nice. I did miss the kids though, especially when I heard Ben's little voice on the phone. He said he was "pwaying." Awww.

Yesterday was our spa day. The pools are amazing. The spa is mostly underground. The architecture is so nice. They really played on the underground scenario and made it look like a cave. Lots of stone, etc. There were several pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, all infused with minerals and lavender or rosemary. The indoor pools played music underwater. We enjoyed the outdoor pool the most. It was pretty cool outside, but the pool was heated. Very nice. Brent said he really likes the "spa" experience. I don't think anyone out there wouldn't. So, I'm thinking we will definitely do this sort of thing again! Yay! We both got pedicures. Brent even said he liked his and wouldn't object to another!! He did opt not to get the clear polish, haha. that would have been a little freaky. I got a pretty red/pink one. I'm sure everyone has gotten it before, OPI, I'm not really a waitress. I love OPI's nail color names.

So, anyway, it is good to be home. The kids are so happy. They had a good time at Nana and Grandpa/Be-pa's house and I think this was the perfect weekend to transition them into Daylight Savings time. Who's idea was that anyway.

This is the view from the back of Grove Park Inn. Right under where I was standing from the balcony is where the outdoor pool is, so this is the view from the spa as well. The Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. If you look closely, you can see the rain coming down way out in the distance.

73/365

3 comments:

BarbRiley March 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Beautiful! Sounds like an amazing weekend for you guys!

grandmabish March 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM  

Whoa! Love this one! John Denver used to sing about the Bluer Ridge Mountains, and now I see why they are called that. Beautiful!

Courtney March 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Glad you guys enjoyed your trip! I have to admit this picture brought a tear to my eye. I went to college in NC but on the eastern part of the state. I drove through these mountains when I graduated and moved to TX. What a beautiful shot!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP