Thursday, March 11, 2010

70/365

Today was another fun filled, busy day. The regular, school, speech, etc. The monthly MOPS meeting was today as well. I can't say enough about this group of women. I really love each and every one of them. Delia wasn't too sure about staying in the nursery to start with, but decided it wasn't so bad after I left. Ben really never cried that much when he was her age, so to be honest, it makes me feel like she loves me and misses me, at least a little. Mostly because of the pouty lip and snubs. Anyway, the day wrapped up with my birthday dinner with my dearest friends. There are about 7 of us that are in a birthday club (thanks again Jenn for the idea!!!). It is really a great little club. We celebrate everyone's birthday with dinner out, just the girls. It is so much fun and I think it is nice for each of us to have a special day. So, we went to Mellow Mushroom and had a nice dinner and conversation. I really love each and every one of the "members" of our club, and feel so privelged to have them as my friends. When you move around quite a bit (3 places in 10 years, you never know what kind of people you will meet. I think I hit the jackpot in Gainesville. I have a handful of good friends from everywhere I have lived, Jasper, Augusta, Charleston, (you know who you are!!!), but never have I been a part of such a big group of wonderful women. Maybe that comes with having children and that bond you have with other mothers, I don't know. I just know that I feel really lucky that I met this group of ladies!!! :)

A quick snap out the window as I was leaving :)

70/365

2 comments:

Shannon Joy March 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Sounds like a great group of gals :). Love the birthday club idea :).

BarbRiley March 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

What a great idea to have a birthday club! I am glad you had a wonderful evening out with such great friends! They are lucky to have you as a friend :)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP