Monday, March 8, 2010

67/365

I follow a blog by Jodi Freidman (I'm sure some of you are familiar) and today's post really hit home for me. In a nutshell, it is about how it is so easy to get lost in the photography. I'm at a stage where I want to learn, and learn, and learn some more. And each photo I take is about figuring out what I did right, and what I did wrong, and trying to apply what I learned for the next photo. It is easy to get lost in the technical part of it and forget why I became so passionate about photography in the first place, which was to preserve those precious moments that will one day be hard to remember. I have to tell myself that every picture can't be a portrait. And in reality, a million portraits won't tell the story of our lives the way that I want to remember it. So, in light of Jodi's post today, I'm going to try to remember that no matter how technically wrong a picture may be, one day these "pictures" will be perfect, because the pictures are all of the moments in between the portraits and really tell our story.

Here is Miss Delia gazing up at an airplane flying overhead. She was still a bit cranky because I woke her up from her nap so we could enjoy some play time outdoors. It was sooooo beautiful today. I am so happy for this week of warmth ahead of us.

67/365

2 comments:

grandmabish March 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

I like how your colors are always so bright and vibrant!

Courtney March 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Thanks for the reminder :O) I find myself not wanting to take pictures at night because the lightening is bad but I shouldn't miss those moments :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP