Saturday, February 13, 2010

44/365

Yesterday/yesterday evening it snowed and snowed. It was so pretty coming down. Ben, so I'm told, decided to stay an extra day at Grandma's because of the inclement weather, so Delia was an only child again. I think she likes being an only child every once in a while. And it is nice to have only one kid every once in a while too. Doesn't matter which one. Two is double the trouble for sure. So after I put her down for her nap, I got to enjoy the total quiet of the house. That was a nice change. I usually have a 3 year old asking me "Is it 3 o'clock??" or saying "It's 3 o'clock!," every two minutes. Three o'clock is when he can have a snack and juice. And he starts asking as soon as we have finished lunch (around 12:30). I think my routines are driving me batty, but I still think kids thrive on routine, knowing what to expect next. It has just recently become an issue :) Anyway, we got about 3 inches of snow. It was really beautiful. And today, after meeting Grandma and Papa to reclaim our oldest child, the snow was almost melted by the time we were back home. The roads were pretty much dry. In places, it looked as if it never snowed at all. So, my photo of the day is of the lake and what was supposed to be snow covered trees. I guess I should have gotten the shot when we passed by it this morning. Oh, well.

And for those that care...this is my feeble attempt at "storytelling." It needs some work and I need a tripod. :)

44/365

4 comments:

Melissa Weber February 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Lovely shot, love the texture as well!

karren February 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

I'd say you are good mom with the routine thing. This image is nice. The editing gives it an extra chill factor.

Julie the Army Wife February 14, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

What a lovely picture!

BarbRiley February 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

What a lovely treat to be able to spend so much time with Delia. I feel bad for Mckenzie because she hasn't had the opportunity to be alone with us like Abby did.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP