Wednesday, January 13, 2010

13/365

After Ben's speech therapy this morning (which went well), we decided to go see Grandma. Last week, we helped set up my old Holly Hobbie kitchen set that I had when I was a little girl. It has aged a little since I remember it (all fresh and new 25+ years ago), but still in great condition considering its age. Momma cleaned up the food and dishes this past week and the kitchen was ready to go. At first Ben couldn't decide if he would rather haul plates in his trucks or cook. A little sensory overload with all of the "new to them" toys. It is so cute to watch Delia do little girl things. With an older brother as a role model, her first word was truck and she can fly an airplane around in the sky like no body's business. But today, she poured her coffee (into the corning ware), pretended to eat some veggies, and drank some grape soda, like I imagine most little girls do. I can't wait to give her a kitchen of her own for our playroom when her second birthday rolls around. Five months ahead, I'm already shopping. It will be one mack daddy kitchen. I can't wait to see what she will cook up for me. Anyway, after Grandma joined in the cook fest, Ben decided that maybe he should put food on the plate instead of plate in the truck. Then, he lined up the dishes matchbox style. And those are Delia's tree trunk legs in the background of the plate line-up after she put Ben's shoes on the wrong feet. Too cute!

It was a little like a blast from the past for me. Somethings I remember clearly, like the kitchen and the even all of the food in it. And it was me that chewed up the lonely green bean, and I swear I didn't chew up the sausage! I love seeing all of the toys again and remembering all of the hours I played with them. It is like life is coming full circle (or semicircle???--heehee) watching them do things that I enjoyed as a child.


13/365

9 comments:

AimeeJ January 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

I love the line of food bowls. Nice pics and the pp is really nice as well.

merydwen January 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I had this kitchen! SO cute!

wenderful January 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

So vintage-y and sweet. I love this! I wish I had my old toys. Sighhhh.

breeze January 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

I absolutely love this set! All of them are great pictures! Love the pp.

Shannon Joy January 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Love this!!! Great pp!!!

Brandie January 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

SO cute!!!

Sarah Cate January 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

How cute! I love the little Corning Ware dishes- I had those when I was little & I thought I was so cool because they matched my mom's.
I hope your daughter enjoys it!

karren January 16, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I have a little kitchen here for my grandchildren, but my kids loved it when they were little. It is filled with Tupperware in all of those horroible colors that were so popular back then. Boys ands girls alike love it. I may steal your idea and post some pics on my 365

Clair January 18, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

ADORABLE!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP