Sunday, January 31, 2010

31/365

I made it a whole month! This project takes a lot of discipline. Was out of inspiration this afternoon. I wanted to get an ice shot this morning, but most of it was melted. So brainstorming on what to take pictures of on the way home from picking up Delia and my parent's house and was drawing a blank. The kids were asleep in the back seat and that was going to be my last option (although cute) if I didn't think of anything else interesting to take a picture of when I got home. Then, as usual,something shows up out of nowhere. The sunset was beautiful, and I was hoping it would still be pretty at this spot, but figured it was a lost cause as I was losing light fast. I think it worked out perfectly. I like how the sun is just setting below the mountains. Please overlook the grain, I forgot to change the ISO from the Monster Truck Jam (1600)--but I didn't have a tripod anyway.

31/365

7 comments:

Melissa Weber January 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

This is beautiful! All the colors in the sky seem to somehow funnel your eye right down to where the sun is. Lovely.

AimeeJ January 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

This is a great capture! I love the way the sun is just setting on the horizon...beautiful!

Sarah Cate January 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

O wow that is STUNNING!

karren January 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

This is beautiful! I love the interesting lines in the clouds. Isn't this project amazing, though? We are always looking for something beautiful, and I believe that it works on our souls.

Shannon Joy January 31, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

This is stunning!!!! The colors are amazing!

Courtney February 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM  

STUNNING was what I was thinking as well!! Beautiful colors!! Way to go making it through the first month!!!

Kat February 1, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP