Friday, January 29, 2010

29/365

Hmmmm. Not quite sure what to think about this. This is the new Heritage Dr. Pepper. The special ingredient? Real sugar. What a concept. It is a little disappointing. It tastes a lot different than the high fructose corn syrup version. I'm wondering what it will taste like when I actually get my taste buds back after this cold is gone! I read a little about it on the internet, and supposedly, Dr. Pepper drinkers prefer the taste of real sugar. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but that would not be my initial opinion. However, I will get accustomed to it because I don't like for my kids to have HFCS, and I shouldn't be drinking it either. Oh, and on the DP website, they say that the Heritage is only available in certain markets. I guess ours is one of them.

Today has been a cold and dreary day. We went to the outlets and didn't buy a thing (for ourselves)!!! Yes, we went two times this week. The first time, Delia was in need of clothes. We were a little bored. And the stomach flu is going around, so any kid play place is out of the question. Tomorrow is the Monster Truck Jam! So excited to have two-on-one with Bennie time! Only hoping the weather will be okay and the predicted icestorms/snow won't pan out.

29/365

5 comments:

E Gizzie Photography January 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

I saw the Mtn Dew version today and was tempted to buy it but if it tastes like other cane sugar sodas I've had I don't think I'll like it either.

I love your DOF and perspective here.

karren January 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

I like the photo. I quit all soft drinks over 30 years ago and have never regretted it. That was not the end of suger however! I wish ii could just not NEED chocolate!

merydwen January 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

MMM... DP! A girl after my heart!

Shannon Joy January 30, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

I love a good Dr. Pepper so I appreciate your "review" on this :). Think I'll stick with the good stuff :).

whippetmom January 30, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

hmm- I tried the "vintage" Pepsi and thought it was good- much less tart! I should kick my habit altogether though, but I would try the DP!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP