Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27/365

Today Ben and I made some muffins. He loves helping me cook in the kitchen. He wanted to add the mix, and pour the milk, stir it....,etc. Usually his job is putting the liners in the muffin pan, but slowly he is gaining my trust and then getting new responsibilities. And, of course, the best part is licking the bowl...or our modified licking the bowl with a spoon. I hate messes and cleaning messes, so this is our compromise. I remember that being my favorite part growing up. We sat at the table and ate our muffins and Ben kept saying, "We made these muffins together."

Side note, Ben had his County School system speech therapy appointment today, and Cindy (his therapist) said that she is a little stumped on finding sounds to work on with him. Her thoughts are that he will "graduate" this year. This makes me so hopeful!!!! I'm sure we will opt to continue his private therapy sessions, but I'm so happy for him! He doesn't speek 100% clearly (even for his age group), but I think her logic is that he can make all of the age appropriate sounds, so in time he will begin to use those sounds appropriately in sentences as he becomes more comfortable using them. Yay Ben! He makes me so proud. Oh, and he just earned a magnet for using good manners spontaneously. That is a big accomplishment around here. One more magnet to earn a prize from the prize basket, well shelf, haven't gotten the basket yet.

27/365

5 comments:

breeze January 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

I love the 'feel' of this picture. It's fun and so sweet.

AimeeJ January 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

This is great...I love the face he is making around the spoon.

grandmabish January 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Cute look on his face. I love your conversions. mine never look so good in B/W

Melissa Weber January 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Awww, love it!

wenderful January 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

Love the look on his face. He is darling!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP