Thursday, January 14, 2010

14/365

Today is Thursday, the second Thursday of the month, and I went to the monthly MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting this morning at the Methodist church where Ben attends preschool. If you want to call it that, preschool that is. He is only 3. Anyway, I dropped off a crying Delia in the nursery with her favorite nursery worker, Joanne (Delia loves this lady--well, after I leave anyway). Then up a flight of stairs and few doors down to our meeting. It is a short but sweet two hours of adult conversation with a bunch of awesome women! I don't know why I love it more: two hours kid free with no worries because I know they are well taken care of, or because I feel like I really connect with so many wonderful women. For those two hours, it isn't about how smart you kid is, or how often you make crafts or read or play with your kids, it is about how we all share the same struggles and blessings of parenthood. We are all in it together and have the same ups and downs as any other parent of small children. Seems like most people you meet try to paint you a picture of how perfect and happy and easy parenthood is, but at MOPS, everyone strips away those facades and everyone is real. And I like that. I am probably more "real" than most when speaking of parenthood, and I think at times that can be misconstrued as cynicism, when generally I am a happy person who is very aware of how "perfect" my life is. So for those two short hours a month, it is such a breath of fresh air to be surrounded by like minded people. We aren't alone in our struggles as we sometimes think we are. Oh, and we got massages today too! A massage is always one way to uplift one's spirit :)

14/365

9 comments:

Brandie January 14, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Oh, I need a massage bad!! Perhaps a certain someone who shares my last name will be giving me one tonight;) This shot is so cute! I don't know what you were talking about on my blog. This is great!

E Gizzie Photography January 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

So cute!

AimeeJ January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

I love this! I really like you captured just part of his face and it plays off the way her face is captured on the cover. Great work! And your group sounds wonderful! We should all be so blessed to find something as special.

Melissa Weber January 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

I really love this shot, love how one of his eyes is peeking over the book almost like he's winking. I'm jealous of the massage. Maybe I should join MOPS. :)

wenderful January 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

I love how his outfit coordinates with the book! Sweet picture. Let us know how you like the book.

merydwen January 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

This picture is GREAT!

FreshFromGod Photography January 15, 2010 at 4:17 AM  

That is cute! I love how is peeking over the book like he's waiting to get in trouble.

Amanda January 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Sweet shot!! I am hoping to get involved with something like this once we move. I bet it's insanely nice to feel connected with other moms.

Lisa January 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

I love MOPS!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP