Tuesday, January 12, 2010

12/365

Just when I think I am running out of ideas, one of the kids lends me some inspiration. Or at least something interesting to take a photo of. Delia is in a stage of rarely napping in the afternoon, so I went up to see what her deal was today. Sometimes she has thrown "bebe" out of the crib, or sometimes she has a poop in her diaper, or sometimes she is happily untying her bumper pads. But, no, she was happily chatting to herself and playing with her "bebe" in the crib. As I walk in and she sees me, she says "dance, dance, dance" and starts jumping up and down. Anyway, after a couple of minutes of smiling and cheesing at the camera, she decides she wants O.U.T. So the pudgey foot is up and onto the rail. I try not to give a reaction....I don't want her to think she is doing something that is out of the ordinary because this could really cause me problems. I can't imagine her in a big girl bed. (Although I already have the bedding picked out and just need to click buy--I like to plan ahead). I think I should do a little online research about those net cage things to keep her in. And yes, I really would do that. Hopefully, she won't follow through with the climbing out until she is at least 2??? Wish me luck!

12/365

14 comments:

Allison January 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Love this! Awesome shot...and I love her dimple in her chin! :)

Melissa Weber January 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

I have one of the crib tents (2 actually)! Our son kept climbing out of his crib around 3-4 months ago and would not stay in the bed. Then we tried to convert to the toddler bed and it was a nightmare. After going through a month of awful nights we invested in the crib tent. My husband had to rig it up to our sons crib because the crib is too big but its been a lifesaver. He still sleeps in it and turned 2 in November. We got the 2nd one to configure to a pack n play for travel and it worked over Christmas! Anyway, sorry I wrote a novel. I would suggest it! Cute pic, too! :)

Shannon Joy January 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Love this shot! I love the toes :)

AMPd January 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

AAAAAdorable oh my gosh! That chin dimple! TOO cute! I am so lucky- 4th kid in and so far no one has climbed out but they are all in a big kid bed by 28 months (next baby was usually out of the oven lol). We used a bed rail- good to go. :D Made potty train easier for sure. She is just too darn cute though!!

Courtney January 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

LOVE LOVE the way you have this photo set up :O) Too cute!!

Sammi January 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Great photo...we knew we were in a lot of trouble when Sophia could get out of her crib...lol.

Amanda January 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Watch out Momma!!!! TOO Freakin' cute....Loving the chub.

Melissa January 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

I just went through this with my 22 month old. We gave up and converted his crib to a toddler bed though. Good luck to you whichever route you decide to go. She is a doll!

E Gizzie Photography January 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Love that little foot! My oldest moved out of his crib at 12 mos. Yep 12 mos because he climbed out all the time. The doctor told me it would be safer to put him in a regular bed than that. We just a box spring on the floor and a mattress on top of that. That way he could climb in/out bed without much distance to the floor.

Good luck with her!

ZEN Mom (aka redpeach) January 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

So cute! Good luck! My last babe (now 2 1/2) climbed out way before 2. We just put a twin mattress on the floor so she wouldn't get hurt. Amazingly she never really wandered around the house even though she was technically able to. Worked out well, and I hope it does for you too!

Sarah January 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

so cute!

merydwen January 13, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

This shot is priceless!!!

Alison January 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

Love this shot and her Maggie Stew!

FreshFromGod Photography January 15, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

so sweet! I LOVE that outfit too! Where did you get it? So cute!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP