Sunday, January 10, 2010

10/365

Today was one of those days there I wanted to get a little something accomplished in our house. We have been living in our home for 2 1/2 years and there are so many things that still need to be done, it is overwhelming. We are desperately trying to make our house our "home", if you know what I mean. By far, our first little house that we bought when Brent and I got married felt the most like home. I loved that house. It holds many special memories for me. Times were much simpler back then and we remade that house from head to toe. We did it all ourselves from painting, to repainting :), to putting down wood laminate floors. All by ourselves. We really left our mark on that house and I will always think of it fondly. So, one step at a time, we are leaving our mark on this house as well. We have a list a mile long of things we need to do, things to buy, but little by little I can see it changing. I can't wait for this house to feel like our house on Johns Island.

So, our first step of the year....Ben was moved out his his "baby bed" quite some time ago, but I have procrastinated putting the finishing touches on his room. So...we decided to hang a few things up and to get the ball rolling. I always imagine little tasks like these as being a much bigger deal than it really is, and we were finished in about 15 minutes. I need a few more license plates and that wall will be done!!! I need to print a few pictures that I have taken for another wall, paint a toybox, make a box for a crosswalk sign, the list goes on and on, but little things first, right?? So this was our project of the day. Ben was really excited to see his license plates on the wall and it makes his room a little cozier. I just want to climb into that bed of his.

10/365

10/365

6 comments:

Courtney January 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Love all the license plates!! I really like the angles you used to take pictures of the items in his room. This makes me want to hang stuff on my girls walls which I too have been dragging my feet :O)

Melissa Weber January 10, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

What an awesome room! I love it! Great pics, too!

merydwen January 11, 2010 at 1:35 AM  

LOVE the color! Great looking room! And your pictures are always wonderful!

Lisa January 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Oh wow, I love ALL of those shots. Magazine worthy, for sure!!

Latifa January 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Gorgeous room. Excellent shots. I like how crisp and clear they are.

Sarah Cate January 13, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

What a cool idea!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP